Spice up the season with a holiday drink you can feel good about! This fragrant, creamy, plant-based riff on the classic is truly “egg-ceptional”…without the eggs. Rich Medjool dates lend delectable sweetness, while raw cashews provide just-right thickness. Finally, Ceylon Cinnamon and Tulsi Masala Chai tea infusion elevate the traditional favorite to pure perfection.
As well as being as simple to make as it is delicious, this vegan chai nog is comprised of healthy ingredients. In addition to delivering warming flavor, cinnamon is known for supporting healthy blood sugar levels and is packed with 41 protective antioxidants buffering our bodies from harmful toxins. Combined with our soothing Tulsi Masala Chai tea infusion and fresh ginger, this flavorful refreshment is a true tummy tamer. This is one festive drink you won’t want to restrict to the holidays.
- ½ cup raw cashews, soaked 30 minutes to overnight
- 4-5 Medjool dates, soaked 10 minutes in warm water
- 1 15-ounce can coconut milk
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon Ceylon Cinnamon, plus extra for garnish
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled
- 3-4 ORGANIC INDIA Tulsi Masala Chai tea infusion bags
- *Optional: bourbon, rum, or brandy to serve (1-2 tablespoons per serving)
- Drain cashews and dates. Place in blender with coconut and almond milks, vanilla and cinnamon, and blend until smooth.
- Transfer mixture to a saucepan. Add ginger and ORGANIC INDIA Tulsi Masala Chai tea infusion bags and heat gently, whisking continuously until reaching a low simmer. Let simmer 5-10 minutes.
- Remove ginger and tea infusion bags. Place in fridge to chill before serving (or serve warm).
- When ready to serve, stir in 1-2 tablespoons rum or brandy if desired and top with a sprinkling of cinnamon.