Tulsi is often called The Mother of All Herbs.
Share the Tulsi Love with Mum on mother’s day with a thoughtful home-pamper treatment that also gives back to Mother Earth.
Here is the method for a simple, luscious footbath using ORGANIC INDIA Tulsi-Holy Basil tea. This feel-good gift will leave mum feeling deeply relaxed and nourished from the inside out, thanks to the healing properties of Tulsi, rose, and your loving care!
You will need;
- ORGANIC INDIA Sweet Rose Tulsi-Holy Basil Tea (loose leaf or teabags)
- Your mother’s favourite teapot
- a small tub, large enough for Mum’s feet to rest comfortably
- 2-3 towels
- a sprinkling of rose petals (optional)
- some of your Mum’s favourite tunes (optional)
- Mum’s favourite teacup or mug
- Foot or body lotion (optional)
Recipe for Pampering
- Make a pot of Sweet Rose Tulsi in a 4-cup teapot or plunger using 4 teabags or 4 teaspoons of loose leaf.
- Allow the Tulsi tea to infuse for 10 minutes.
- While tea is steeping, half-fill the tub with tepid water.
- Once Tulsi has steeped, pour the entire contents of your teapot into the tub of warm water.
- Ask your mum to sit in a comfortable chair and place a towel, then the warm bath, under her feet.
- Ensure the temperature is comfortable for Mum to place her feet into (not too hot or cold).
- (optional) sprinkle some rose petals into and around Mum’s footbath
- Allow space for Mum to enjoy the simple pleasure of resting and being pampered. Maybe she would like to listen to some music.
- Go and make your beloved mum a cup of Sweet Rose Tulsi Tea to sip while her feet soak in the bath. Be sure to steep the tea at least 3 minutes (or leave the bag in) for maximum herbal benefits.
- You may like to offer your mum a foot massage, leaving one foot to soak in the bath while you towel-dry and massage her other foot with lotion, and vice versa.
- Towel dry Mum’s feet at the end.
ORGANIC INDIA Tulsi Sweet Rose contains a delicate blend of Tulsi (Holy Basil) leaves and organic rose petals, finely balanced with soothing chamomile, the natural sweetness of organic stevia leaf, and a touch of lemon myrtle, creating a rich treat for the senses. Your mum will feel genuine restoration from her first anti-oxidant rich sip!
This fragrant, tantalising, deeply feminine tea is enjoyed by Mothers the world over. What’s more, our Mother Earth receives genuine restoration too. When you share nourishing ORGANIC INDIA Tulsi-Holy Basil tea with your Mum, you are also honouring Mother Nature. ORGANIC INDIA assists marginalised farmers in India to convert from conventional to organic farming practices, thus bringing rejuvenation to our Earth, as well as improving the lives of many farming women and all the mothers in India who benefit from ORGANIC INDIA’s women’s empowerment programs.
About the Author:
Sarada (Sally Martin) is a naturopath, herbalist, yoga teacher, mum, nature-lover and free spirit who lives by the forest and the beach, near Byron Bay.
Sarada works as Team Leader for ORGANIC INDIA AUS & NZ and is passionate about healthy, conscious living.